Vacancy: Communications Intern
Youth LEAD is a growing regional network of young key populations in Asia and the Pacific. We empower young key populations through capacity building, leadership strengthening and advocacy, and build partnerships between local, national, and regional YKP organizations. We want to ensure more meaningful participation and involvement of YKP in all levels of decision making and to create a new generation of youth leaders in the HIV response.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Youth LEAD welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified young people under the age of 25. Youth LEAD is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment, in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfil their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all key populations, including young people living with HIV.
This vacancy is open to young people under the age of 25 from Thailand.
- Manage Youth LEAD’s internal and external communication, such as Youth LEAD’s website, social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Drive and G-mail accounts;
- Liaise with various stakeholders and enhance the credibility of Youth LEAD by fostering collaborations and partnerships;
- Manage, organize and support the development of strategic communications materials such as IEC materials and external reports;
- Develop and design annual and other periodic reports with support from relevant officers and develop policy briefs, advocacy position papers and reports;
- Work proactively with programme and project teams to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing knowledge, and disseminating information about significant progress and results;
- Advise the project on branding and publications policy and also assist in their dissemination;
- Develop and maintain contacts with key print and electronic media (including TV, news websites and blogs) to supply them with newsworthy material about Youth LEAD;
- Ensure that all outreach information material to be used by the media is written in a way that the public and young people can readily understand concepts and issues;
- Research and identify media stories, writes and edits media releases, and feature stories within tight timeframes, which consistently meet agreed standards;
- Ensure that voices of young key populations are included, made aware of and represented at different forums/meetings at various levels;
- Represent Youth LEAD at different forums and meetings at the national and international level, if needed;
- Organize events, trainings, workshops, and meetings, and provide support as a facilitator to internal and external events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be under the age of 25 when applying for the position;
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as communications, information technology or social sciences, development and health, or any related fields is an advantage;
- Tech-savvy and well informed with the diverse digital platform
- Prior experience working with young people, and in particular young key populations at the country or regional level is an asset.
- Young key populations and young people living with HIV, or a young person who identify as LGBTQ+, and under the age of 25, are strongly encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of a second language or Asian language is an asset;
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and excellent report writing skills;
- People management skills, and team management skills;
- Logistics and organizational skills are an asset;
- Able to present thoughts clearly and facilitate small and large group settings;
- Can work independently and in a team.
SALARY WORKING BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be offered a stipend to cover the transportation, meal and other expenses. The stipend amount it negotiable depending on the experience and time commitment of the candidates. The candidate will be required to work at Youth LEAD in Bangkok (Thailand).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the criteria and the required qualifications are requested to send their updated CVs and motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Communications Intern - (NAME)” before 31 March, 2021: 11:59 pm Bangkok Time (+7GMT)*.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview