Vacancy Announcement: Youth LEAD Fellowship Programme
|Position:||Youth LEAD Fellow|
|Contract Type:||Temporary – 6 months (with the possibility of extension)|
|Reporting To:||Regional Coordinator|
|Location:||Bangkok, Thailand (Asia Pacific Regional Position)|
|Closing Date of Application:||10th May 2019|
|Interview Dates for SLC:||15 – 17 May 2019|
|Starting Date of Role:||27th May 2019|
Organizational Development Project
Review various existing organizational development tools and support consultants in developing and adapting tools to strengthen YKP-led organization.
Coordinate with the supporting consultant to provide youth perspectives during the adaption of the manual. Additional, support the finalization of the manual.
Learn various aspects of organizational development initiatives pertaining to YKP-led organization
Assess selected YKP-led organization with the developed manual. Develop realistic road maps to implement outcomes from the assessment.
Support YKP-led organization with the implementation of the road-map; coordinate with the organization.
Ensure communications deliverables adhere to Youth LEAD’s identity standards
Represent Youth LEAD in different forums and meetings at national and international levels, if needed.
Communication and Knowledge Management
- Work proactively with program and project teams to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing knowledge, and disseminating information about major progress and results.
- Advise the project on branding and publications policy and also assist in their dissemination.
- Research and identify media stories, writes and edits media releases, and feature stories within tight timeframes, which consistently meet agreed standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be under the age of 25 when applying for the position.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as social sciences, development, international relations, health or any related fields
- Experience in working on HIV and with young people
- Relevant experience in business development and/or organizational development
- Affiliated to Youth LEAD as a focal point or having previously engaged with Youth LEAD in the past is an advantage
- Travel is required for selected countries for organizational development research. Applicant must be fit for travel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of organizational development is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and good report writing skills
- Knowledge of an Asian language or second language is an asset
- Have the ability to create partnerships within the project area
- People management skills, as well as mentorship experience and capability.
ABOUT YOUTH LEAD
Youth LEAD is the Asia Pacific regional network of young key populations (YKP) with networking in 19 countries. We aim to empower young key populations through capacity building, advocacy, and the expansion of partnerships between local, national, and regional YKP organizations. We want to ensure more meaningful participation and involvement of YKP in all levels of decision making that impact their lives.
Visit www.youthleadap.org for more details of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the criteria and the qualification are requested to send their updated CVs and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Youth Fellow Application - (NAME)” before May 10, 2019: 11:59pm Bangkok Time (+7GMT).
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview