Project and Networking Officer - Vacancy Announcement
Youth LEAD is a growing regional network of young key populations in Asia and the Pacific. We empower young key populations through capacity building, leadership strengthening and advocacy, and build partnerships between local, national, and regional YKP organizations. We want to ensure more meaningful participation and involvement of YKP in all levels of decision making and to create a new generation of youth leaders in the HIV response.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Youth LEAD welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified young people under the age of 26. Youth LEAD is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment, in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfil their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all key populations, including young people living with HIV.
This vacancy is open to young people under the age of 26 from Asia and the Pacific. Candidates with experience working with young key populations at the country or regional level and focal points of Youth LEAD are encouraged to apply.
- GF-CRG Strategic Initiative Grant Management
- Comprehend the objectives, target populations, key indicators; consortium partners of the grant and strategize for its effective implementation.
- Manage strategic relation and work closely with donor (Global Fund), global consortium partners (Y+ Global and Youth RISE) and the country networks in the implementation of programmes;
- Identify the regional and national key stakeholders and manage the relationship.
- Understand donor requirements to ensure their needs are met during the implementation of the grant;
- Measure project performances using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Ensure coordination and completion of projects are on time within the budget and within the scope of the grant;
- Coordinate with Youth LEAD’s finance person and senior management;
- Provide required technical support to implementing countries;
- Engage in monitoring visits to implementing countries.
- Develop strategic guideline to enhance the engagement of YKP-led networks, individual focal points and strengthen the Youth LEAD membership base.
- Manage and organize Youth LEAD’s focal point registry and continuously look for new ways to bring in new members to the network.
- Act as a focal person to the Youth LEAD networks and members.
- Ensure the voice of young key populations are represented at forums and meetings;
- Provide support to country-level partners & technical support on advocacy strategies to Youth LEAD focal points;
- Work closely with other Youth LEAD staffs managing the small grants for the coordination with the networks and organizations.
- Coordinate production of a diverse range of information products including audio/visual communications, when needed to achieve specific advocacy and programme goals;
- Represent Youth LEAD at different forums and meetings at the national and international level if needed;
- Organize events, trainings, workshops, and meetings, and provide support as a facilitator to internal and external events;
- Provide communications support by updating Youth LEAD social media with related project achievements and others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be under the age of 26 when applying for the position;
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as or social sciences, international development, public health, or any related fields;
- Experience with the Global Fund advocacy, structures at the country or regional or global level. Familiarity with structures liked Country Coordinating Mechanism, GF proposal development and the grant-making process is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in project management, advocacy, networking.
- Prior experience working with young people, and in particular young key populations at the country or regional level is an asset.
- Young key populations and young people living with HIV, or a young person who identify as LGBTQ+, or a young woman and under the age of 25, are strongly encouraged to apply. Focal Points of Youth LEAD will be given priority.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of a second language or Asian language is an asset;
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and excellent report writing skills;
- Have the ability to create partnerships within the project area;
- People management skills, and team management skills;
- Logistics and organizational skills are an asset;
- Able to present thoughts clearly and facilitate small and large group settings;
- Can work independently and in a team.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary depending on experience. The candidate will be required to work at Youth LEAD in Bangkok (Thailand). All staff receives paid time off (PTO) and annual leave of up to 20 days, exclusive of Thai public holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the criteria and the required qualifications are requested to send their updated CVs and motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Project and Networking Officer - (NAME)” before 15 February 2021: 11:59 pm Bangkok Time (+7GMT)*.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.